Stage Door Keeper
Application deadline: Friday 13 September, 6pm
Salary: £9.72 an hour
The Bridge Theatre is looking for a dedicated and organised individual to join the Stage Door team. The Stage Door Keeper is the welcoming face of the venue, providing a warm and helpful first point of contact for all staff, visitors and members of the visiting Company, as well as being a key point of contact for Duty Managers. This is a safety-critical role, supporting the delivery of fire safety and security to the building, and being a vital link in reporting of incidents and evacuation. Members of the Stage Door team are responsible for opening or closing the building and helping to ensure key administrative and building processes run smoothly. This role also provides quality administrative support for a variety of different departments across the building.
This is a Part Time role requiring a minimum of 26 hours per week of shift work (Monday – Sunday). Shifts are generally a minimum of 4 hours and a maximum of 10 hours. This role would form a team of three part-time Stage Door keepers and a small number of casual staff members.
Responsible to: Theatre Administrator
Salary: £9.72 an hour
Contract type: Part-time role requiring a minimum of 26 hours per week of shift work (Monday-Sunday)
- To maintain a warm and welcoming presence at Stage Door and maintain the security of the building by ensuring that all visitors to the venue are signed in and are either met by a member of staff or are directed to their place of work / dressing room.
- To be security focused and understand the need for vigilance and professionalism at all times whilst on duty, implementing security procedures to ensure appropriate personnel enter the stage door.
- To have a thorough understanding of the workings of the Fire Panel and emergency evacuation procedures and to be able to act in accordance with these procedures at all times, in line with company procedures.
- To relay information effectively and efficiently regarding any reported incidents, defects or external situations (communication from the estate).
- To be a key-holder and to be responsible for opening or closing the building (depending on shift time).
- Controlling and maintaining the security of access fobs/keys, which must be signed in and out.
- To respond to audience feedback emails in a polite and diplomatic manner, and in accordance with the companies feedback policy.
- Receiving incoming phone calls, answering enquiries and ensuring the efficient and professional transfer of calls and taking of messages when required.
- Monitoring the CCTV cameras, reporting any problems or concerns to the management and ensure that any alarms are responded to within the venue immediately.
- Ensuring all post, parcels and deliveries are directed to the correct department or staff member, and keeping a log of these deliveries at Stage Door.
- To comply with the company’s Health & Safety policy, maintaining the safest possible environment for your colleagues, the visiting companies, guests and patrons.To regularly update a delivery schedule and send it out to the estates team at the end of each day.
- To be responsible for keeping the Green Room and kitchen in a presentable condition throughout the day.
- To log all items of lost property and respond to any lost property enquiries via the phone and email.
- To maintain and update the Stage Door Handbook.
- To train casual Stage Door Keepers when required.
- Assist with administrative tasks when required.
- Induction of visitors to the building.
- To follow the procedures set out by the Bridge Theatre and London Theatre Company at all times.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the management.
- Excellent communication skills (face-to-face and over the telephone)
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and flexible approach to work
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a busy and sometimes high-pressure environment
- Security and Safety conscious
- Good level of IT literacy (to include a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office)
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Articulate, clear communicator who is proactive in their approach to the work
- Punctual and reliable
- High standards of confidentiality, initiative and tact
- Knowledge of security and emergency evacuation procedures
- Stage Door experience
- Interest in the arts and/or theatre
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Smartsheet
- Knowledge of fire panels and alarm systems
- First Aid Training and Fire Marshal Training
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. We encourage applicants from different backgrounds and different experiences.
To apply please email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter in one document.