Casual Lighting Technicians
Application deadline: Monday 14 January (early applications recommended)
Starting hourly rate of £12per hour, minimum 4-hour calls
About the Role
The Bridge Theatre Lighting Department are currently looking for enthusiastic and talented lighting technicians to join our team of casuals. The Bridge relies on casual technicians during turnarounds – to assist with fit ups, get outs and lighting maintenance periods. We employ casual technicians on an hourly rate as and when needed. This role entails, rigging, focusing, general lighting maintenance and working closely alongside the in-house team to ensure the best possible results for our exciting productions.
- Experience working as a lighting technician in the theatre industry.
- Good working knowledge of rigging and focusing lighting fixtures.
- Good working knowledge of moving light fixtures
- Experience of PAT Testing and lighting maintenance.
- Ability to read and interpret lighting plans.
- Approachable and friendly, with an understanding and enthusiasm for the production process.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a collaborative environment.
- Safe working practice. Good working knowledge of Working at Height Regulations, LOLER, PUWER, CDM and general safe working practice in a theatrical environment.
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational and problem-solving abilities
- Moving light maintenance skills
- IPAF License
- Proven experience and confidence in using ETC family consoles.
- Experience of working in a Producing House theatre.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. We encourage applicants from different backgrounds and different experiences.
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating if you’re applying for both roles or for one in particular.
Closing date for applications is January 14th 2019