We are looking to recruit an experienced Kitchen Manager to report into and work closely with our Hospitality team and the renowned team of Chefs from St. JOHN Restaurant, in our breath-taking contemporary styled theatre.
Open throughout the day and evening, the foyer of the Bridge Theatre is central to the daily life of our working theatre and serves as a local hub for those who work around and pass through Potters Fields and the London Bridge and Tower Bridge areas.
About the role:
You will report to the Food and Beverage Manager, and work closely with the renowned team at St JOHN Restaurant to deliver our daily menu. All our baked goods are made locally at the St. JOHN bakery, just around the corner from The Bridge Theatre in Bermondsey.
Your role will be to manage the kitchen operation and inspire our small team of chefs and food preparation assistants to deliver beautiful, fresh and tasty small plates of food and snacks from breakfast through to evening performances.
The role would suit a Kitchen Manager who has previous experience of running a production or retail kitchen within a high-end high-street brand or perhaps someone from a leading café, restaurant or hotel.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading, motivating and training your team.
- Preparing and cooking all dishes and snacks.
- Working closely with our partners at St. JOHN Restaurant in menu and dish development.
- All financial management including ordering, cost and stock control, labour costs and managing a profitable GP.
- Maintaining a high standard of food hygiene and health & safety.
- Maintaining all systems, procedures and high levels of presentation.
Key Experience and Attributes:
- You have run a production kitchen or have experience as a Kitchen Manager or Assistant Manager of a food-to-go restaurant/casual high-end dining environment.
- Ideally your background will be as a Chef, and you will be able to work alongside the team of Chefs from St JOHN Restaurant.
- You have a genuine love for freshly prepared, flavoursome food, and especially for all things St JOHN!
- You are obsessed with delivering consistently high quality, tasty food that looks great.
- You show proven ownership of Kitchen Management and the management of your team.
- You have excellent Health & Safety and Food Safety knowledge and experience.
- You train, motivate and inspire your team to deliver a highly efficient operation, and show achievement in the successful financial performance of a kitchen.
- You can successfully manage stock and have been responsible for all food ordering and dry stock control.
- You are professional with an engaging, welcoming and friendly approach. Our kitchen is open to the public, and therefore high standards of personal presentation and professionalism are vital.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. We encourage applicants from different backgrounds and different experiences.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter in ONE document.