Application deadline: Monday 14 January (early applications recommended)
Starting hourly rate of £13per hour, minimum 4-hour calls
The Bridge Theatre is looking for lighting operators for our upcoming productions and would welcome CV’s from those who have at least 2 years’ experience operating ETC consoles for live performances. We employ lighting operators on short term contracts depending on the length of the show. As a lighting operator at The Bridge you will take responsibility for rig checks on a daily basis and operate the show live for each performance. You will be a key member of the production team for the run of the production, watching each performance and reporting back on any issues to ensure the lighting design is maintained throughout the run.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a lighting operator on ETC Consoles
- Good programming knowledge on EOS family consoles, a proven history of programming EOS family consoles for theatrical productions.
- Good working knowledge of moving light fixtures
- Experience of PAT Testing and lighting maintenance.
- Ability to read and interpret lighting plans.
- Ability to read and interpret focus notes documented on Moving Light Assistant.
- Approachable and friendly, with an understanding and enthusiasm for the production process.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a collaborative environment.
- Safe working practice. Good working knowledge of Working at Height Regulations, LOLER, PUWER, CDM and general safe working practice in a theatrical environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational and problem-solving abilities
- An eye for detail, able to spot issues during live performances and react accordingly
- Moving light maintenance skills
- IPAF License
- Experience of working in a Producing House theatre.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. We encourage applicants from different backgrounds and different experiences.
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating if you’re applying for both roles or for one in particular.
Closing date for applications is January 14th 2019.